Hi,
.
while trying to boot a DELL OptiPlex GX110, knoppix is giving me lots of reading writing errors. The last of which is:
.
not syncing: Attemtep to kill init!
.
After searching in this NG I got the advice to use as cheat code:
.
koppix nodam mem=512M
.
But then the booting process stops at:
.
Uncompressing Linux... OK, booting from kernel.
.
nothing else appears to be happening
.
I have tried 3.4 and 4.2 (or 4.0.2) versions of knoppix
.
The problem might not entirely be knoppix related, I think this box might not be reporting/accessing the total amount of RAM properly. Actually the BIOS shows only 8Ms
.
How can you use memtest to see how much RAM the BIOS reports to the OS?
.
I just installed 512M of RAM on this machine
.
Any ideas of how to fix these problems?
.
Thank you
not syncing: Attemtep to kill init!

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95
Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-8700T SR3WX 2.40GHz Processor
$65.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00