Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: not recognize wifi usb adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3

    not recognize wifi usb adapter

    hi!

    I'm deeply new about knoppix (in fact, I cannot even edit a text file editable only by root, but, anyway, that's another story..)
    I had to run it due to hd problems, and after that I thought to try a little bit with it, so I installed knoppix besides win xp.

    anyway, I bought an usb wifi adapter, and knoppix wouldn't recognize it.
    It's a "Sweex LW053", with chipset Ralink RT2571WF

    I found some drivers for Ralink RT2570 chipsets, and I couldn't test them just beacuse I can note realize how to install them!

    any suggestion/hint is welcome!

    thank you so much!

  2. #2
    google "ndiswrapper knoppix" good luck let us know hwo it goes

Similar Threads

  1. How do I merge Wifi adapter driver into the Knoppix CD?
    By sittingcamel in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
  3. LS-120 not recognize
    By jeco in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 03:54 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$325.99



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8 picture

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8

$34.95



VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC picture

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC

$24.95



Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial picture

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial

$89.99



RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller picture

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller

$35.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS picture

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS

$224.99