-
Forced noudev
I've been having trouble with one of my PC's, getting knoppix to load. If I let it load without 'knoppix noudev' it starts autoconfiguring hardware, and never finishes. When I load with 'knoppix noudev' I cannot load the console once knoppix starts. Is there a workaround when using 'noudev' to get the console working? Is there some hardware that is failing to be autoconfigured that is causing udev to hang, if so, how can I figure out what is failing?
NOTE: I did see pretty much this exact post from back in Feb. with no reply.
In another post I did see using
Code:
strace hwsetup -a -s
after using 'knoppix nohwsetup 3' to diagnose the hanging item. Is that appropriate in my situation? (no access to affected computer at the moment)
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you had that autoconfig long green bar which never finishes, that is probably because you have some device which Knoppix is trying to configure but the provided module is buggy. The typical suspects are USB devices. Try disconnecting some of your USB devices one at a time and boot to see which it is.
Similar Threads
-
By Mr K in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2008, 01:40 AM
-
By djmotita in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
-
By Krellan2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:51 AM
-
By pi-sics in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:57 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99