Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Belkin F5D7050

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Near San Francisco
    Posts
    3

    Belkin F5D7050

    I'm trying to find information about getting the Belkin F5D7050 (USB) to work under 5.0.1 For starters, ndev hangs if I boot with the dongle attached. I plug it in, and I see it appear on the usb bus. Try ndiswrapper with the .inf & .sys file, but it says that the driver was installed, but no new device was detected. I saw that there is a way to set up the F5D7050 in linux with the rt2750 drivers (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/...#Latest%20News) but I haven't figured out how I should proceed.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1
    You need to get the driver from Ralink's web site:

    http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/drivers...1.0.3.6.tar.gz

    You will have to edit rtmp_def.h and add the F5D7050 device to the #define RT73_USB_DEVICES section:

    {USB_DEVICE(0x050d,0x705a)}, /* Ralink */ \

    Then compile and install the driver which will be called rausb0.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1
    I am VERY new to linux(total exposure is installing Knoppix and playing with it a few hours) , I used to work at MS and would really like to be linux proficient. I have this same Belkin F5D7050 and need to get it working but I'm not sure how to perform the instructions given.

    I'm on a windows box now and downloaded the driver from Ralink's web site. I have some more quesitons

    1. You will have to edit rtmp_def.h and add the F5D7050 device to the #define RT73_USB_DEVICES section:

    {USB_DEVICE(0x050d,0x705a)}, /* Ralink */ \
    Where do I find this file? I did a quick search and didn't see it. Is there a special editor and or command to edit it?

    2. Then compile and install the driver which will be called rausb0.

    I have no clue how to compile a driver and install it where it needs to go.

    I would really like to do this and would appreciate and added details or link to a doc. I'm also be searching the web to find the answer myself

    I have knoppix 5.0.1 installed to the HD. I'm willing to install an earlier version if it would help

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    Knoppix is not great for 1)installing to hd, 2)wireless card support. From a practical standpoint (getting a system up and running with wireless driver support), you might want to check out some other live cd distros that have better wireless support and hard drive install options. Most popular is Ubuntu, and Kanotix is also worth looking at.

    Good luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Belkin USB-to-Centronics Printing
    By MRINTENSITY in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:23 AM
  2. Belkin USB Wireless G Adaptor
    By giant_toaster in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
  3. NDISwrapper problem with Belkin 54g F5D7050
    By squelch41 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
  4. BELKIN FsD6050 !!
    By fusion88 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
  5. Problems with Belkin WiFi
    By iD:0t in forum Networking
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID picture

OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID

$199.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99