-
Belkin F5D7050
I'm trying to find information about getting the Belkin F5D7050 (USB) to work under 5.0.1 For starters, ndev hangs if I boot with the dongle attached. I plug it in, and I see it appear on the usb bus. Try ndiswrapper with the .inf & .sys file, but it says that the driver was installed, but no new device was detected. I saw that there is a way to set up the F5D7050 in linux with the rt2750 drivers (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/...#Latest%20News) but I haven't figured out how I should proceed.
-
You need to get the driver from Ralink's web site:
http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/drivers...1.0.3.6.tar.gz
You will have to edit rtmp_def.h and add the F5D7050 device to the #define RT73_USB_DEVICES section:
{USB_DEVICE(0x050d,0x705a)}, /* Ralink */ \
Then compile and install the driver which will be called rausb0.
-
I am VERY new to linux(total exposure is installing Knoppix and playing with it a few hours) , I used to work at MS and would really like to be linux proficient. I have this same Belkin F5D7050 and need to get it working but I'm not sure how to perform the instructions given.
I'm on a windows box now and downloaded the driver from Ralink's web site. I have some more quesitons
1. You will have to edit rtmp_def.h and add the F5D7050 device to the #define RT73_USB_DEVICES section:
{USB_DEVICE(0x050d,0x705a)}, /* Ralink */ \
Where do I find this file? I did a quick search and didn't see it. Is there a special editor and or command to edit it?
2. Then compile and install the driver which will be called rausb0.
I have no clue how to compile a driver and install it where it needs to go.
I would really like to do this and would appreciate and added details or link to a doc. I'm also be searching the web to find the answer myself
I have knoppix 5.0.1 installed to the HD. I'm willing to install an earlier version if it would help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix is not great for 1)installing to hd, 2)wireless card support. From a practical standpoint (getting a system up and running with wireless driver support), you might want to check out some other live cd distros that have better wireless support and hard drive install options. Most popular is Ubuntu, and Kanotix is also worth looking at.
Good luck.
Similar Threads
-
By MRINTENSITY in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2008, 03:23 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
-
By squelch41 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By fusion88 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
-
By iD:0t in forum Networking
Replies: 45
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4" 128GB Gray WiFi Tablet w/ S Pen SM-X610NZACXAR
$399.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00