Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can I remaster a CD which does not detect usb device ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    How can I remaster a CD which does not detect usb device ?

    Hi.
    I'm new to KNOPPIX, and I have played with minirt.gz .
    I commented ever lines out on linuxrc relating usb and hotplug.
    And I buned a CD ,but it still detects usb stick.
    I used cheat code also like boot:knoppix fallsafe,
    but it does not work.
    Where can I put code not to detect any usb device ?
    I also commented out related lines on knoppix-autoconfig file.
    It does not work either.

  2. #2

    Solved half

    Hi.
    I edited accel/knoppix-autoconfig in master directory, and it worked.
    I mistakenly edited source directory's autoconfig...
    And I also made a mistake.
    not fallsafe but failsafe...
    I commented out too much so mouse was not detected
    Continue...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: How can I remaster a CD which does not detect usb device

    Quote Originally Posted by intrajp
    I used cheat code also like boot:knoppix fallsafe,
    but it does not work.
    You should use just failsafe, not knoppix failsafe.

  4. #4

    Mouse was not detected

    I typed
    knoppix nousb
    and ,mouse was not detected.
    I'm in a trouble not able to use mouse.

  5. #5

    I could make it on version 3.8

    I was testing on 5.01 and could't make it.
    What is worse what seemed to work turn out to be mouse not readable.
    So, I commented out on version 3.8, and succeeded.
    I just commented out source/KNOPPIX/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig's USB stuff...
    I keep on testing.

Similar Threads

  1. Failed to detect NIC
    By Zhane in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM
  2. Need Knoppix to detect my HD...
    By Bluebones in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 12:47 PM
  3. can't detect cdrom
    By drg55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:59 AM
  4. Cannot detect sda1
    By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S814 8286-41A 1x 6C 3.02GHz Power8 CPU 64GB RAM 18 Bay Server picture

IBM Power S814 8286-41A 1x 6C 3.02GHz Power8 CPU 64GB RAM 18 Bay Server

$1799.95



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99