I found the following at the Puppylinux website:
I cannot find anything like this on the Knopper website or the licence. So my question is whether the same legalities as for Puppylinux apply to Knoppix:Q: May I release my own distro based on Puppy?
A:
Yes, but you need to obtain permission from me, which is a precaution to prevent anything weird happening.
One basic rule is that you must choose a name for your distro that provides sufficient "product differentiation" from "Puppy", "Puppy Linux" and "PuppyOS".
(Later....)
Another rule is that your project site must fully acknowledge myself, Barry Kauler, as the original developer and current maintainer of Puppy and there must be a link to my website, www.puppyos.com (or www.puppylinux.com)
(Still later.....)
Distribution is allowed, "hacking" is allowed, however Barry Kauler must always be acknowledged and the website www.puppylinux.com included in the acknowledgement. Spawning of parallel or divergent projects must be with the agreement of Barry Kauler.
1) Spawning of parallel and divergent projects (for example, customised remasters) must be with the agreement of the original developer?
2) Project website must acknowledge the original developer?
3) Name must be sufficiently different? But I see there is clusterknoppix, parallelknoppix and so on. In Puppylinux, Clusterpuppy is not allowed but Clusterpup would be.
I know all the above are courteous things to do, but I want to be clear about precise legal obligations.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays
$59.99
IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00
Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Huge Lot of 20+ Vintage Akai MIDI Floppy Disks
$399.99
Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A
$150.00
Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce
$299.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99