how come it seems that everyone has the same exact problem...that realy blows, you would think it could be solved by now
Hi guys,
i downloaded knoppix and used it, well I tried to use my SpeedTouch 121G USB Dongle to connect to my WLAN. And it doesn't work.
I downloaded the Windowsdrivers.
I use Knoppix 5 Live CD EN
I use ndiswrapper like this:
So it installs the driver, i check this withCode:sudo ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/setup/Driver/BT4501G.inf
It returns:Code:sudo ndiswrapper -l
So it seems to work, but only seemsCode:bt4501g hardware present, driver present.
Then i do:
That one gives me an error, something like this:Code:sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
Anyone got ideas how to fix this?Code:FATAL: Error in ndiswrapper, could not load ndiswrapper
So far the Live CD looks great, except that problem[/i]
how come it seems that everyone has the same exact problem...that realy blows, you would think it could be solved by now
ndswrapper is only a stopgap measure and is known to not always work. See the wireless networking section of the wiki for a discussion of the wireless nic support issue. The bottom line is anyone who cares about Linux and open source should only support card makers who use chip makers who open their designs to the open source community. If you accept closed designs you are likely to get locked into Microsoft, and my not even get supported in future versions of the Windows OS like Vista.Originally Posted by superuser1985
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
no tips or suggestions regarding this post???does anyone else use the bwml5 inf file to load the driver? and were you successful??
I'm having the same problem. I've tried different .inf file combinations from various .exe -cutables but I still can't get it to work. I know it's not open source, but you can get a commercial solution that works at www.linuxant.com.Originally Posted by superuser1985
Hope this helps.
Stephen

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
(LOT OF 16) Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$4000.00
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99
LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G3B1I 64GB
$319.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00