Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Very basic question on FTP support in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1

    Very basic question on FTP support in Knoppix

    I've had several laptops in the past go down on me for different reasons. The last time I was able to use a built in FTP program to upload entire directories to my webspace and than download them onto another system....today I had a friend of mine bring me her computer (I told her I've done it before) and I can't seem to find the program I used...I'm not sure what version of knoppix I used (this was about a year and a half ago that I did it last), but right now I have version 4 and 5, if someone could tell me if either one of these has this program if you could let me know how to run it that would be fantastic. it's a XP system so copying to my external obviously won't work (damn format for XP)...FTP seems like the easiest way to go if I could find that program. Thanks for the help.


    svrfrmfaith

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It sounds like you are just looking for a FTP client (not even a server). There are more than one in Knoppix, I can't say for sure which you used before, but Konquror, the window that opens when the disc boots, is a FTP client. Put the URL of the ftp site in the Konquror window (for example ftp://ftp.foo.bar).

Similar Threads

  1. REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!
    By itz_moi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
  2. basic auto mount question
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 11:13 PM
  3. VERY basic and probably dumb question
    By BeckBristow in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
  4. Basic Question!
    By hybridus in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:24 PM
  5. Basic Linux Question and how it works in Knoppix?
    By lindleyrl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



OEM Archer TLC548 8-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter IC NOS VTG Computer Chip  picture

OEM Archer TLC548 8-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter IC NOS VTG Computer Chip

$8.99



1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes picture

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes

$65.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00