-
How to remove KDE 3.5.2, GNOME 2.12, OpenOffice 2.0.2
I have been using knoppix as a easy Debian HD installation system for years, with a lot of satisfaction.
Offcourse I do not need KDE 3.5.2, GNOME 2.12, OpenOffice 2.0.2 and their dependencies, and I use to remove them with the usefull command apt-get remove libarts1. Now with the new Knx 5.01 libarts1 seems not exists anymore.
Does anybody knows how to safetly and completely remove all this packages in hd installation of Knx 5.01??
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
Raffaele.
[I do not know why I can not delete this post, 'cause I found out how to remove KDE, Gnome and Open Office.]
If you are interested in the proceduce take a look at my (SeaFrgo) next post.
-
Hi Raffaele,
could you please share how you did manage to uninstall KDE and related? I was unable to find any procedure suitable for Knoppix 5.0.1.
Thanks
Andrea
-
Hello Andrea ...
So this are the packages to remove:
- apt-get remove --purge openoffice-de-en (free 362MB of space)
- apt-get --purge remove kde.* (free 503MBof space)
- apt-get --purge remove gnome-panel (free 4MBof space)
After that your Debian 3.2 on HD uses only 1.39GB of space ... Nice ah
??
Bye bye.
Raf.
Similar Threads
-
By splf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:28 PM
-
By pid1982 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By seahlow in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99