-
New "patched" Orinoco drivers
Alright, I have downloaded the newest Knoppixm 5-16, which boasts that it has the monitor mode patches for the orinoco drivers. I have not been able to successfully put the card into moniter mode and use it to its full potential. Has anyone had any luck with it? Oh, ya, please don't reply with "You are a stupid wardriver blah blah blah" or anything like that...
-
I would like to get this to work too.
I have the 4-28-2003 (I think) build of knoppix, and an orinoco gold card, and would like to use either airsnort or kismet (I would rather kismet) to test some wireless network links I have, and test the range of our wireless network.
If anyone got this to work in the latest build, I would like to know how you got it to work. I'm going to download the latest and try it out too.
Thanks.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I do not have the latest knoppix cd, however on my customized knoppix (w/ the orinoco patch), i was able to put it into monitor mode using this:
Code:
iwpriv eth0 monitor <m> <c>
m - one of the following
0 - disable monitor mode
1 - enable monitor mode with Prism2 header info prepended
to packet (ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM)
2 - enable monitor mode with no Prism2 info (ARPHRD_IEEE80211)
c - channel to monitor
Change your MAC address via ifconfig:
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 01:02:03:04:05:06
-
Junior Member
registered user
It's pretty easy to get kismet working:
cd /etc/kismet
rm kismet.conf
cp -p /KNOPPIX/etc/kismet/kismet.conf .
Edit kismet.conf:
(old line 22) auto_hopper=false
(new line 22) auto_hopper=true
(old line 37) capinterface=eth1
(new line 37) capinterface=eth0 (maybe)
(old line 53) cardtype=cisco
(new line 53) cardtype=orinoco
If you don't enable the channel hopper, kismet will monitor channel 6. You can change this with iwpriv monitor 1 channel
To do live capture with ethereal, you probably want to use iwpriv monitor 2 channel instead.
Tested with KNOPPIX V3.2 2003-05-16 EN
-
Thanks a lot to both of you. Works great.
-
Airsnort does not work
With EPS suggestions (thanks a lot!), I was able to bring kismet alive, but no chance for Airsnort, even when I use iwpriv, all the time the same error message "could not set monitor mode".
I am using latest koppix version 20.05.3.
any idea, what do I wrong ?
Thanks and regards
Alfred
-
mrblah...you say you have a custom distro with orinoco drivers already installed? happen to have this on a server for download anywhere? or maybe be able to arrange an open FTP or something?
Similar Threads
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00