-
maximal count remains; OpenGL OK
On commanding
#mount /dev/sda6 /mnt/new_root
in order to mount an external usb hd in a pivot_root install of knoppix 5.0.1 I got the message:
EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
sda6 could be mounted nonetheless and I see what I wanted to see: libmotif3 for unstable, which I wanted to install in place of the Sarge version. The latter does not allow openmotif to function. At this point, however, I prefer to wait:
CHANGED MIND BECAUSE, KNOWING MOTIF, I WAS NEARLY SURE TO HIT GOLD: in fact, with the library for unstable my molecular modeling package runs beautifully like in Etch
I know to be with pivot in "uncharted waters" and I also know that running e2fsck on mounted devices requires special expertise and is in any case a risk.
Suggestions? THAT PROBLEM REMAINS AND I CAN ADD THAT SDA6 IS CONNECTED ALSO WHEN ON ETCH, USING IT FOR BACKUP; IMPLICITLY, FILESYSTEM EXT3. BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT EVERYTHING CAN BE DONE WITH PIVOT_ROOT, THAT STORY OF "MOUNT COUNT" IS DISTURBING.
cheers
francesco
Similar Threads
-
By kl522 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2009, 03:52 AM
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
-
By dmizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
-
By schreibebrett in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99