Since you asked, see answer #2.
A semi-experienced Linux user but with a new Knoppix HDD install (5.01) here. I used to use SuSE but can't get a grip round what they've done to 10.1 and 10.0 won't install on my target machine (A Viglen PIII-933 with 256MB RAM and a fairly generic i815 motherboard).
Two questions/problems:
- KDE su will not work in that it refuses to recognise the root password ("Sorry, incorrect password, please try again") that works fine from a commandline su. A tip I got from a Kanotix forum was to do apt-get update then apt-get install kde-base - I've done this and rebooted but the problem still persists.
- I would like to install BitTornado as it's my favourite BT client. I did apt-get -t unstable install bittornado, and btdownloadgui, and python-psyco (the latter package was recommended by apt-get) but BitTornado doesn't work - "wxPython is either not installed or has not been installed properly" (from doing btdownloadgui at a Konsole prompt - the K Menu item is present but it churns for a while then doesn't work presumably for the same reason). I tried apt-get -t unstable install libwxgtk* after a quick Google for how to get wxPython from the APT repositories but after a reboot the same error message persists.
Please could all you knowlegeable folk suggest solutions? Thanks in advance for helping.
Since you asked, see answer #2.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Hi, e6003
Solution depends on package kdebase-bin. Upgrade this to 3.5.5a-2 with dependencies. Better change all KDE to unstable version and upgrade it. Use synaptic, change version to unstable, install KDE packages and turn to previous version. I resolved the same problem in this way.
Good luck.
P.S. Have you install python-support for wxPython?

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99