Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix on Intel MacBook 10.4

  1. #1

    Knoppix on Intel MacBook 10.4

    I've only been a Mac user for a couple years now and I want to try Linux as well. I finally succeeded in downloading Knoppix and burning the image to a DVD+R.... now how do I boot from the DVD?? Mac Help's two good answers (change the boot volume in System Preferences or press Option while booting up) do not work. Neither does rebooting while holding the Command key.

    I know exactly how to boot from a CD or DVD in Windows, but not in Tiger. Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    I've got a new 1.66 ghz Intel Mac Mini. I can boot from CD's while holding down the "Alt" key on power up only. Not a reboot, just on cold boots. I'm told this is how it works on Macs.

    I've tried Knoppix 4.02 and 5.01. I do have shutdown problems and screen refresh problems (it says 85hz for 1024/768, but I'm getting 60hz with screen flicker).

    Anyway, just started on this project and haven't searched the forums or tried to many cheat codes.

  3. #3
    Looks like I didn't burn the image properly - after my purchased copy of Knoppix on DVD came in the mail, it boots just fine, although I have to type in 'knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm' at the boot screen before it'll load.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1
    What about holding the "C" key while you boot up? That should make it boot from CD or DVD

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.1 vs Intel 825xx 10/100
    By tchago in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM
  2. Frequently cannot type boot options on Macbook
    By Wayne Wylupski in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 09:05 PM
  3. 17" Screen on Macbook Pro
    By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
  4. Booting through EFI (MacBook Pro, not BIOS)
    By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.6 and Intel PRO/100 VE Onboard NIC
    By Traffic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02 picture

Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02

$140.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98