I am giving Knoppix 5.0.1 a try and to my disappointment the update option for Firefox is not available. How can one then update Firefox? It is hard to imagine that one cannot update installed software when using Knoppix as one's OS.
I am giving Knoppix 5.0.1 a try and to my disappointment the update option for Firefox is not available. How can one then update Firefox? It is hard to imagine that one cannot update installed software when using Knoppix as one's OS.
Klik is the answer. See relevant forum.
The lack of an update option is a 'feature' as there are minor modifications to the Debian version of Firefox. It will soon become Iceweasel (already available) to avoid copyright issues.
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while now gathering info on how to
make my Knoppix run smoothly and up to now am doing well thanks
to all the good stuff in here.
However, I have tried Klik and it does nothing more than lock up
my laptop and is inconsistent for me. I would like to update my Firefox
to 2.0 without Klik. What do I need to do after I d/l the tarball
file? Yes, I have a PDI setup.
Thanks.
You have installed Knoppix on the HD, but Knoppix comes with an old version of firefox, that you want to update?
There is a page with an description, but i can't find it right now. Some hints (perhaps someone other can fit in the details)
1. You can uninstall the old firefox using the package-program. (See k-Menu)
2. Download the firefox 2.0
3 . Unzip it. command ? tar -......???
4. create a link: ln ....
and so on.

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Apple Macintosh SE Analog Board 820-0206-A 630-0147 - Working (260201 2)
$29.99
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46
Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21