Klik is the answer. See relevant forum.
I am giving Knoppix 5.0.1 a try and to my disappointment the update option for Firefox is not available. How can one then update Firefox? It is hard to imagine that one cannot update installed software when using Knoppix as one's OS.
Klik is the answer. See relevant forum.
The lack of an update option is a 'feature' as there are minor modifications to the Debian version of Firefox. It will soon become Iceweasel (already available) to avoid copyright issues.
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while now gathering info on how to
make my Knoppix run smoothly and up to now am doing well thanks
to all the good stuff in here.
However, I have tried Klik and it does nothing more than lock up
my laptop and is inconsistent for me. I would like to update my Firefox
to 2.0 without Klik. What do I need to do after I d/l the tarball
file? Yes, I have a PDI setup.
Thanks.
You have installed Knoppix on the HD, but Knoppix comes with an old version of firefox, that you want to update?
There is a page with an description, but i can't find it right now. Some hints (perhaps someone other can fit in the details)
1. You can uninstall the old firefox using the package-program. (See k-Menu)
2. Download the firefox 2.0
3 . Unzip it. command ? tar -......???
4. create a link: ln ....
and so on.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00