-
When booting Live cd K5.0.1 ps/2 not work pci=irqmask=0x0e98
Hello World
Pleas can some body help me.
I having problem, my PS/2 mouse on laptop das not work.
So i tried boot with pci=irqmask=0x0e98 - not help
When i boot live cd knoppix 3.4 than it work
Pleas help me
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have just returned to my computer, after many months away...
Earlier this year, I used a "poor man's install" of Knoppix 4.0.2 on my Fujitsu laptop, along with ryumbeke's (sorry for the spelling) Grub loader files, so that I had a choice of Windows or Knoppix when booting. There was no problem with this system.
Yesterday, I obtained 5.0.1 CD, and also the Grub files for 5.0.0. When I attempted to boot Linux from the poor man's install, there was a fatal boot error. It had something to do with recognition of devices. My guess is that the 5.0.0 Grub files were looking for some file that is in a different edition within 5.0.1. Nevertheless, the bootlog claimed to recognized my touchpad mouse, and loading continued until Knoppix was displayed.
All looked well, but the mouse did not work. So, 5.0.1 was not usable. I tried modifying the Grub menu so that it passed the cheat codes described in the title to this forum thread. But that did not help. Still, fatal message during boot. (It comes at the part where a progress bar would normally be shown, during device recognition.) I was able to exit Knoppix by CTRL+ALT+DEL, then scrolling the Knoppix shutdown menu by up-down arrow on the keyboard.
I tried 5.0.1 by booting it from my CD drive, instead of poor man's install. No errors. No problems. Everything that I tried was OK.
Similar Threads
-
By muppchan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2006, 05:20 AM
-
By dylan000 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
-
By Drenhead in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By hicks in forum Networking
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By Grand Styolz Empire in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS A68HM-K FM2+ MicroATX AMD DDR3 2DIMM HDMI/DVI/VGA USB 3.0
$50.00

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99