-
dual boot
I posted a similar comment to Linux Tag (and it seemed that it immediately crashed! am I jinxed?)
I have been trying to install Linux for months. The only partial success was when I did a Linux only install ( and IIRC the controlcenter would not work).
Having been lurking on many linux forums it has become obvious, even to me, that I am not alone in wanting to keep MS for some apps while using and learning Linux. (At least one of the books I borrowed from the library pointed out in no uncertain terms that in order to learn linux it was necessary to have linux working on ones' compter.)
And yet, and yet, the commercial linux offerings conspicuously fail to address this problem.
A number of people have pointed out that the best way is to have a seperate computer for Linux; very nice if you have the space and, especially, the money!
David McNabs' tutorial unfortunately does not cover this topic of dual booting (with MS).
Given that many of the comments that have appeared on Slashdot, Linux Tag, et al. have concerned the introduction of Linux to newbies, I hope that this problem will be solved soooon.
Please
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By jimbo62 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 06:38 AM
-
By BlkBear in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95