Hi Raffaele,
could you please share how you did manage to uninstall KDE and related? I was unable to find any procedure suitable for Knoppix 5.0.1.
Thanks
Andrea
I have been using knoppix as a easy Debian HD installation system for years, with a lot of satisfaction.
Offcourse I do not need KDE 3.5.2, GNOME 2.12, OpenOffice 2.0.2 and their dependencies, and I use to remove them with the usefull command apt-get remove libarts1. Now with the new Knx 5.01 libarts1 seems not exists anymore.
Does anybody knows how to safetly and completely remove all this packages in hd installation of Knx 5.01??
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
Raffaele.
[I do not know why I can not delete this post, 'cause I found out how to remove KDE, Gnome and Open Office.]
If you are interested in the proceduce take a look at my (SeaFrgo) next post.
Hi Raffaele,
could you please share how you did manage to uninstall KDE and related? I was unable to find any procedure suitable for Knoppix 5.0.1.
Thanks
Andrea
Hello Andrea ...
So this are the packages to remove:
- apt-get remove --purge openoffice-de-en (free 362MB of space)
- apt-get --purge remove kde.* (free 503MBof space)
- apt-get --purge remove gnome-panel (free 4MBof space)
After that your Debian 3.2 on HD uses only 1.39GB of space ... Nice ah??
Bye bye.
Raf.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00