Hi,
.
I did a basic debian installation using knoppix and debootstrap and made the mistake to run ...:
.
apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
apt apt-utils aptitude netbase openbsd-inetd tasksel tasksel-data
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
apt
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 7 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
7 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 16.4MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
?] Yes, do as I say!
(Reading database ... 7283 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing apt-utils ...
Removing tasksel ...
Removing tasksel-data ...
Removing aptitude ...
Removing apt ...
Removing netbase ...
Removing openbsd-inetd ...
.
So, I mistakenly removed apt-utils, apt and aptitude, which I could have kept.
.
How do I reinstalled the apt-utils themselves in order t be able to use apt-get?
.
Thanx
Albretch

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 32GB No GPU/ HDD/ OS DISCOUNTED
$363.94
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00