Hello,
I recently installed two different copies of Knoppix 5.0.1, but in neither of them I am been able to start vncserver.
I tried with version 3.3 and 4.0 of vncserver, but I have the same problem: Could not open font "fixed"
22/10/06 10:35:53 Xvnc version 3.3.7 - built Aug 9 2006 08:33:03
22/10/06 10:35:53 Copyright (C) 2002-2003 RealVNC Ltd.
22/10/06 10:35:53 Copyright (C) 1994-2000 AT&T Laboratories Cambridge.
22/10/06 10:35:53 All Rights Reserved.
22/10/06 10:35:53 See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC
22/10/06 10:35:53 Desktop name 'X' (ADDRESS:2)
22/10/06 10:35:53 Protocol version supported 3.3
22/10/06 10:35:53 Listening for VNC connections on TCP port 5902
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
Any ideas?
I also tried to install also xfs and xfs-tt and configure the vnc.conf accordingly, but no result.
Marco.

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95