-
Senior Member
registered user
How to boot from USB key, ISO image on NTFS ?
Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or I haven't looked hard enough for answers.
I have this laptop for which they won't give me windows admin rights, which I'd still occasionally would like to boot under Linux. I'd also like the DVD-burner to be available, hence I thought of PMI. I would like to use grub or syslinux to boot off a USB key with minimal footprint (grub preferred for flexibility reasons). Then using the "bootfrom" cheat-code booting would proceed from a knoppix (or kanotix) image on the C: ntfs drive.
I'd like to use an image I already have handy (either KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso or KANOTIX-2005-04.iso). Can someone point me to a previous post or HOWTO explaining this or a similar setup. I also have several of Gilles' grub4nt packages, but no clear idea of how to use grub from the memory key.
Thanks.
EDIT: found the HowTo boot Knoppix 4.02/5.01 cd/dvd ISO from a USB dongle sub-thread, will try to understand it
Similar Threads
-
By chipyoung in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
-
By UnknownEntity in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2005, 01:22 PM
-
By krikke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
-
By wooac in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Retro ATARI 800 Computer w/ATARI 410, INDUS G.T., 41x Floppy programs + Cover
$1000.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive with Power Supply, MPN C061636 (Vintage)
$80.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00