Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: After creating personal logo, text in boot image is too dark

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19

    After creating personal logo, text in boot image is too dark

    Hello,
    After creating personal logo the text become too dark

    (Captured with qemu)

    I created the image and converted it to 16 colors image with gimp and saved as pnm.

    How can I set the color to be bright?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    No one had seen such problem or no one knows the solution?

    Thanks...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: After creating personal logo, text in boot image is too

    Quote Originally Posted by artik
    After creating personal logo the text become too dark

    (Captured with qemu)

    I created the image and converted it to 16 colors image with gimp and saved as pnm.

    How can I set the color to be bright?
    What about this:[/url]

    Sometimes it's very tricky to get color the one you want. The color used in text during boot time is color 7. It's very simple to test it with Gimp. Just look the color map and what number 7 looks like. I had to reduce colors to 8 to get number 7 to be white using the color in your example. Remember tat it's not necessary to have 16 colors. You can't have more but the less you can have, any better.

    If you still have problems, just send the original image to me and I'll change it right and send back to you. Ok?

    I saved the picture to ppm and converted then to logo.16:
    Code:
    ppmtolss16 <your_image.ppm> logo.16
    -tapsa-

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    Thank you a lot!!!

    But, I found the solution that worked for me (before I had seen your replay).

    When I had converted the image to indexed color in Gimp I used "Use custom palette" -> "Paint Jet (16)" and I got the correct colors.


    (It is the picture for the boot screen that I have just done for the next release of the Kazit )


    Anyway thanks a lot!

    I'll try next time reducing colors to 8 in order to get white at 7.
    It seems to me that 8 colors indexed gives better image quality than predefined 16.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by artik
    (It is the picture for the boot screen that I have just done for the next release of the Kazit )
    One thing more. Your picture looks much better if you don't choose default setting from Indexed Color but "Nothing" for mixing colors.

    -tapsa-

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23
    I recall reading that you need to reduce colours to 15 , this maybe why.

    Unless you like the "special effects" your image has been seriously degraded

Similar Threads

  1. logo.16 too dark
    By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 01:57 AM
  2. Boot text too dark
    By stry_cat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
  3. Logo.16 colors pass to the text!!
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 07:02 AM
  4. Creating initial BOOT CD from ISO Image
    By Action-Man in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
  5. Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
    By jnowlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08