Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard doesn't work properly in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard doesn't work properly in Knoppix

    I've got a bit of a problem with my keyboard in Knoppix. I've used the Keyboard fine with PuppyLinux and Fedora but when trying to use it with Knoppix it works to start with so I can type in Knoppix and then the options when it's booting, but when I go into the XWindows system the minute I press a key it just keeps acting as if I'm holding that key down all the time, and all the numlock/capslock/scrolllock lights go out. If I try to go into a terminal then it just keeps repeating the first key pressed, everything else seems to work fine. I've changed the USB port that the keyboards plugged into and also used knoppix lang=uk to see if that would fix it

    My home PC is custom built and has the following:
    USB Gateway Keyboard
    USB Microsoft Trackball Explorer mouse - plugged into keyboard
    USB Webcam - plugged into keyboard
    USB Terratec Cinergy XS Digital TV card
    USB Saitek wireless game controller
    Creative Labs X-Fi Platinum sound card
    AMD Sempron 2500 (32-bit)
    1Gb memory
    120Gb SATA HDD
    Plextor 504A DVD Recorder (IDE)
    Plextor 750A DVD Recorder (IDE)
    Toshiba DVD drive (IDE)
    ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb Graphics card
    RealMagic Hollywood+ DVD decoder card
    BT Voyager wireless card
    motherboard with nVidia chipset
    Hauppauge WinTV Theater Card

    The other problem I have also is that I've tried using Knoppix on my Compaq laptop and that keeps failing to find the DVD unless I run it with the nodma option which makes it run so slow, yet PuppyLinux works fine with the DMA option.

    Anyone any ideas as to a solution. I would use Puppy but it's missing so much that Knoppix has.

  2. #2
    I have this problem too; I'm using a MacBook with built-in keyboard and it does the same thing you're describing. I'm a fast typist and it seems I have to slow waaaaaaay down in order to be able to do anything.

    The mouse (built-in trackpad or external Dell USB optical mouse) does much the same thing, it's extremely sluggish and unresponsive. Is this a problem with Knoppix in general or with a lack of support for the MacBook? Or is this just normal, and since I've never used Linux/Knoppix before I have no idea what I'm talking about?

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard no work after login
    By borgward in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 01:55 AM
  2. Macromedia Flash doesn't work properly.
    By Negrita in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 04:57 AM
  3. Knoppix4.0 - knoppix-installer doesn't work properly?
    By boycott in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 11:46 AM
  5. extended Keyboard doesn't work
    By Thomas Bettler in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99