Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Some help will be veeeery appreciated! Take a look!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2

    Some help will be veeeery appreciated! Take a look!

    First let me say hi to everyone, this is my 1st post and I am glad I found knoppix. I have a real problem. I own a very nice HP laptop, the only problem being that I have no HDD, therefore it stayed almost 2 month in my closed. Not only it does not have the HDD anymore, but it also misses the link (I don t know what is called, i'm not a native eng speaker) that connects the Hard drive to the laptop. All IT stores told me that they do not sell that piece and that I should buy an external hard drive on a rack and try install windows on it.
    Which I did.. and now I am sorry. I bought 2 external hdds with racks via USB 2,0 but I cannot install windows though...it gives me the blue screen with some error after copying win files and rebooting.

    So now I came across knoppix.. What I need to know from you guys, can I install knoppix on the external hdd and boot it from there? Or there is any other known bootable cd with windows that I could use? Please help, I paid alot on this laptop, I really need to use it. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks alot for your patience when reading this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    that depends on one thing and one thing alone, can it boot from USB. if it can it should work, if not you may still start it with a CD and pivot root to USB. there are other ways, search this forum for more info, it is out there.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3
    mi3x hi,
    notjing to do with loading Knoppix but have you tried talking direct to HP/compaq directly to get the bit you need, I have found they are quite helpful,

    Tim

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Ty for replying guys.. Well, I searched in bios and it does have the boot from USB option. So should I try copying it on the external drive and boot from there? I will do a lil search hopefully Ill find something.

Similar Threads

  1. PCMCIA problem -- help would be very much appreciated
    By tallis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
  2. All help appreciated
    By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:50 PM
  3. Xawtv - Helpp appreciated
    By Ritchie in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 10:43 AM
  4. Floppy Boot Problems and Other - Help Appreciated
    By brotherd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-10210U@1.6 Touch Laptop picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Touch Laptop

$299.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L380 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L380 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$289.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"

$200.00