Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix 5.0 toram swap and oops

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31

    knoppix 5.0 toram swap and oops

    Hi,

    I booted knoppix cd v5.0 toram with 1G of ram and 352M of swap.

    I mounted a clean ext2 partiton (4,5 G) and did a search ( find . -exec grep -lsi 'passwd' {} \; ) the system hung and I lost the control. I had to ctrl sysrq s and u and b.
    The free swap was 270M and the memory 12M, the cpu load 60%.

    Then I did the same but NOT in toram mode and all was fine: no oops!

    The I did the same but with toram + NOSWAP and all was fine

    __________________________________________________ ________________

    I made a minicd based in the 5.0 version with the 2.6.28 kernel, the cd is only 220M.
    If I boot my minicd and do the same search I have the same behaviour: oops with toram and swap on, fine with toram without swap, fine with not toram with or without swap.

    Any clue?

    Cheers

    Max

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    ......no clues?
    Anybody with the same problem? or I am the only one?

    Please can you test it:

    mount -o ro /dev/hdx /media/hdx (it's a safe read only mount..)
    find /media/hdx | xargs grep -lsi passw (some stress...)

    and let me know if there is a kernel oops.

    Thanks

    Max

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31

    Re: knoppix 5.0 toram swap and oops

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspare
    Hi,

    I booted knoppix cd v5.0 toram with 1G of ram and 352M of swap.

    Max
    I've done others tests:

    booted with failsafe and "no-to-everything" (see knoppix cheatcodes..) with nounionfs (I modified the startup script): same results, oops with swap, ok without!!!

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. apt-get oops!
    By fpd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
  2. 3.8.x toram causes crash when utilising swap space
    By cleary in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:35 AM
  3. Swap use in toram option
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
  5. Oops!
    By marc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99