-
As to 1. you misunderstood me.
On my Knoppix desktop I have several devices named hda1, hda2, hda3, hdb, etc.
Mounting and opening them shows me their contents, one is my hard disk, one is my dvd player, etc.
2 of them have no contents, so I'm not sure if one of them is my new Maxtor hard disk or not.
It's fresh from the shop with label and everything. The Windows hardware assistant doesn't find it so I want so see if Knoppix does.
I've already secured all my important files and data on a dvd, so whatever I do now there's no risk of losing anything.
When I'm done I want to have Ubuntu and Windows XP on my old hard disk and after starting the computer I want to be asked if I want tu run Ubuntu or Windows this session.
I'm not sure about the best way to proceed however.
Similar Threads
-
By mostafa_dahir in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
-
By Dark_W0lf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By junior in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99