-
help with hardware needed
First of all, I'm new to Linux, but I want to give it a try, so please treat me as a stupid newbie.
I bought myself a new mainboard and a new (second) harddisc.
I wish to use both Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows with my new mainboard, so I need to format my harddiscs to partition them.
Now here's the problem.
While my Bios settings tell me that I have a primary master and a secondary master harddisc, Windows (running with my old mainboard) does not reckognize my new harddisc (the secondary master).
So I tried to see if Knoppix reckognizes my new harddisc, but I'm not sure if it does. There are some devices visible with no contents.
Now my questions.
1. How do I find out which device is which? Is there a way to show e.g. the brand name (Maxtor in this case)?
2. Is it possible to format a harddisc with Knoppix?
3. Is it possible to partition a harddisc while using Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By mostafa_dahir in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
-
By Dark_W0lf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By junior in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU
$2999.00

Intel Core i7-6700 LGA 1151 3.4 GHz 8 GT/s Desktop CPU Processor SR2L2
$29.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99