the safest bet should be orinoco but it has less feature than those prism-2 based, such as there is no way(at the moment) you can use it to turn the machine into an AP access point
Does anyone have a wireless network adapter for knoppix that works right out of the box ?
I would prefer to use my D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter, but, apparently this is not a Linux capable device.
Any help appreciated.
the safest bet should be orinoco but it has less feature than those prism-2 based, such as there is no way(at the moment) you can use it to turn the machine into an AP access point
Are you using this now? What is the model number you are using?
After a little scratching and fussing i found that the Linksys and Netgear cards work pretty well... although in general the Orinoco Gold is supposedly the SINGLE most well supported card for linux out there. (again this is what I have heard). hope that helps
toast
I bought an Orinoco Gold as my first wireless card. I've never had any problems with it. I'm using it as I type this. Highly recommended.
mine is orinoco silver, works out of the box(I initially have problem but that is not about the driver but the default setup).

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Processor Board Ceramic Gold IC Industrial Military Rare
$199.95
Vintage 1988 LASER Compumate 2 - Your Take Along Office
$49.99
Toshiba TDP-S26 DLP Projector Vintage 2005 For Parts Does Not Power On
$24.99
vintage pentium 3 pc turns on no display no post
$150.00
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85