klick the "penguin menu" (penguin icon bottom left on screen) and choose networking then netcardconfig. atleast the penguin menu i am certain of, i am not on knoppix just now so...
Hi I,m new to this communitty
I want to connect to internet through Linux (knoppic 3.3)
I have a sify broadband connection, Lan card
i have to enter the ip address, subnet mask,default gateway,
preferred dns server, alternate dns server. Then only i can connect to internet
I dont know how or where to enter all these details in knoppix
please help me[/quote]
klick the "penguin menu" (penguin icon bottom left on screen) and choose networking then netcardconfig. atleast the penguin menu i am certain of, i am not on knoppix just now so...
Venky,
(assuming you haven't succeeded in the past week... if you already have,
please post the methodology here).
add the ip and gateway details given by sify to the file /etc/network/interfaces.
(man /etc/network/interfaces in case of doubt).
However, there's something sify specific here. There's something to do with
a MAC address (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address). Something has
to be done about this one too. Please check this out and do let me know if
you succeed. (I am going to try it out later in the evening).
Hope this helps.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi
$135.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99