Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with Knoppix live DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2

    Problem with Knoppix live DVD

    Hello. At the end of my first session with the Knoppix live DVD (v.5.0.1), I tried to save my Knoppix settings using the wizard provided. After a while I got a message saying that the settings had NOT been saved. Now, when I try to boot from the DVD, I get a message saying that the Knoppix file system cannot be found. I would be grateful for any advice on how to resolve this problem, please. Many thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Wow, sounds like the old bad dvd trick. Take harry's advice and reburn at the slowest
    possible speed.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I didn't burn the DVD, I bought it (from CheepLinux), so I guess I'd better take it up with them.

Similar Threads

  1. PXE Boot Knoppix Live CD problem
    By samboon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Knoppix live CD installation problem !
    By nagen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 12:39 PM
  3. Problem with Knoppix v3.4 Live CD
    By lotuseclat79 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
  4. dns problem with knoppix 3.8.1 Live CD
    By someuser77 in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 12:08 AM
  5. Some problem with knoppix live cd ..
    By nugie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99