-
Can I copy WinXP off my 1st partition and reinstall?
I am caught in the endless loop of not being able to boot XP in any mode. I used Knoppix CD-bootable to copy all important files to a 4gb USB stick. I have no need to repair this particular installation of XP and I would simply reinstall IF i had either a recovery disk or an XP disc. Sadly this laptop came with WinXP on the first partition and its running installation on the second partition. Both are fully viewable and accessable via Knoppix. So basically i was thinking I would create a copy of the of the first partition and WinXP then create a bootable disk to then reinstall. Will it work?
(this laptop a Packard bell E3242, cannot boot from a USB so anything I copy to my 4gb jumdrive will then have to be burned onto a self bootable disk)
Similar Threads
-
By marhil711 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By bitwarrior in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 03:57 AM
-
By linuxgrilla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 C64 Breadbin Computer System TESTED READ
$159.00

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99