-
speeding up knoppix
Alright I used photorec to get the files from my hd and it pulled up 7000 files. But it took around 7hrs to do this and now that it is done knoppix is moving and doing tasks at a snails pace. I think it has something to do with the ram being used up but I'm not sure. Is there a way to speed up knoppix again? I mean without restarting so that all the files I recovered aren't deleted?
I'm guessing I might have to clear the ram or format the ram, but will this delete the files I have recovered since it's based on my ram?
Also restarting just the desktop not knoppix completely gives a msg that there's to little ram to do it.
I need help it's way too slow for me to move the files off of it.
thank you so much
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By Kman in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00