-
speeding up knoppix
Alright I used photorec to get the files from my hd and it pulled up 7000 files. But it took around 7hrs to do this and now that it is done knoppix is moving and doing tasks at a snails pace. I think it has something to do with the ram being used up but I'm not sure. Is there a way to speed up knoppix again? I mean without restarting so that all the files I recovered aren't deleted?
I'm guessing I might have to clear the ram or format the ram, but will this delete the files I have recovered since it's based on my ram?
Also restarting just the desktop not knoppix completely gives a msg that there's to little ram to do it.
I need help it's way too slow for me to move the files off of it.
thank you so much
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By Kman in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00