Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knoppix screwed up (?) my usb drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1

    knoppix screwed up (?) my usb drive

    Hi,

    The hard drive on my laptop broke down recently and I used knoppix to rescue some of the data on it. I had a usb drive (fat32 formatted) attached to the computer which knoppix could access. I moved some of my files to that drive. The next day when i tried to run knoppix again, knoppix couldn't write to the drive anymore. It said it only can read but not write. Permissions for the disk were set to read & modify if I remember correctly. Now, I got a new hard drive with windows xp installed on it, and windows doesn't mount the usb drive. Device manager sees it, but just does not mount it (i.e. i can't see it on my computer). Does anyone have any idea about how to fix this?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    I had that problem before, and was a pita finding the answer.

    Right-Click "My Computer" and select "Manage" from the drop down box.

    Select DISK MANAGEMENT, then right click the HD you need to gain write privaleges too, and change its paramaters. I can't remember the exact thing you do but wasn't too hard to fix it once I got to that point.

Similar Threads

  1. Need to work on a hard drive that is screwed up badly
    By AlphaBluesMan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
  2. DESPERATE: I screwed up my hard drive PLEASE HELP
    By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
  4. Have I screwed-up apt-get?
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
  5. I screwed up!!
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



LOT OF 10 - Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP picture

LOT OF 10 - Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP

$69.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset

$64.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter picture

Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter

$33.50