-
Problem with "error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko':"
Hi!
I am a KNOPPIX newbie, on his first downloaded and trying to boot of KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso (md5sum ok), what happens is said (just after localizing HD and CD/DVD player):
"insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format."
What does this mean?
Tried searching around here, but didn't find something in this area, on an untouched 'version' of KNOPPIX.
Hope you can get me started
I am having an old ~4-5 years old laptop Asus F7400, pentium 366, with about 160megs mem.
Maybe go older versions of KNOPPIX?
/Flognat
-
Pulled home 4.02, burned and fired up, it fired up.
Ahh well this is probaby just what I need
You will probably see me more times, wondering other stuff 
/Flognat
-
Senior Member
registered user
keep asking, likely that is on low side for KDE, perhaps you should try diferent vm.
try typing something like
knoppix desktop=icewm
when you see BOOT: at very begingin of startup
-
Ahh yes, now it fires up, hmm I thoght 160MB would be.. enough
I will see if I can get it up to something like 220MB
-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE is HEAVY. too heavy in my opinion, but it is nice looking.
-
Is there anyway to avoid this problem (invalid format) whilst running knoppix version 5.1?
I wanna introduce Linux to my friends with beryl. I know I can introduce Linux by other window managers, however, this is just a demo showing and let them experience with some interesting features. In addition, they know nothing about Linux (and we live in different geographical locations). So after surveying, I found out Knoppix is a good choice because it only requires typing several words like `knoppix desktop=beryl'. Now the only problem is the invlaid format. If that can be overcame, it would be pretty good.
I appreciate any suggestion.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By Fog_Watch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
-
By Felim_Doyle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 06:37 PM
-
By syruice in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
-
By Droide in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
-
By migross in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 07:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99