There is no stable buildOriginally Posted by bongski55
The latest one is always the best, and they are all beta. I.e. there was 3.1 beta, and then 3.2 beta. There was never a 3.1 final. It will always be beta as it will never be finished.
Please if you can indicate on the homepage which is the stable build of knoppix.
I do not have the fast intenet connection to be able to keep up with the new builds everytime it comes out.
Thank you!
There is no stable buildOriginally Posted by bongski55
The latest one is always the best, and they are all beta. I.e. there was 3.1 beta, and then 3.2 beta. There was never a 3.1 final. It will always be beta as it will never be finished.
This is not good at all. As I mentioned in one of my posts, very few people ever heard of knoppix, and linux here-only those who are into pc and considered "geeks" know about os other than windows.
So how to convince others to switch to knoppix as all builds are considered beta? For ordinary pc users a beta is no good for pcs.
Also I don't think the cd is available here in oman and downloading would take a day!
It is really a shame for such a promising os.
Originally Posted by bongski55
Klaus answered this question in an interview ( halfway down the page ) :
http://www.distrowatch.com/dwres.php...erview-knoppixThe "final" release will appear when there is a "final" release of GNU/Linux (which will probably mean the end of the world).![]()
Just becasue it's labeled "beta" doesn't mean it's less stable than windows, or even unstable at all. It just means it isn't "finished" yet. Can you tell me that windows is stable?
As for getting the cd, some sellers ship internationally.
Very few sellers would ship to Oman(middle east). Even if they do,by the time it reaches here there will be a new version.Originally Posted by eadz
I do not want to compare it with windows as this would just be a never ending debate.( I work as a Biomedical Engineer in a large university hospital here and I am yet to see a medical equipment which uses linux as OS if it is really stable).
In my opinion windows is not stable but neither is linux or knoppix.
Please don't get me wrong ,I still like knoppix-seems the easiest distro of all. Have not gone to the next step though-installing it to the HD. That is the reasoin for this question/post.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00