-
thank you for the advice, and no I won't start deleting stuff! I figured out that with Knoppix 4.0 (which I am running) that the best way to save personal settings is using Save Knoppix Configuration and setting it up on a USB stick. However, as a complete beginner to Knoppix I hope you can answer a couple of questions:
1) If I want to update a program like Adobe Acrobat Reader, and save it for the next re-boot, how do I do it? I discovered that I can't do it via Kpackage, but would really like to have a go anyway
2) how do I install software not covered by the apt-get utility? I can't seem to figure it out. If you can link me to a useful resource or site which explains these things very simply and clearly it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rubi
Similar Threads
-
By bm-w in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2006, 03:52 AM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By pacho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By LinuxBiker in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 01:17 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Intel H2000 4 Node H2216XXKR, 2x 1600w PSU HPC Server Chassis 16x 2.5"
$199.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00