-
thank you for the advice, and no I won't start deleting stuff! I figured out that with Knoppix 4.0 (which I am running) that the best way to save personal settings is using Save Knoppix Configuration and setting it up on a USB stick. However, as a complete beginner to Knoppix I hope you can answer a couple of questions:
1) If I want to update a program like Adobe Acrobat Reader, and save it for the next re-boot, how do I do it? I discovered that I can't do it via Kpackage, but would really like to have a go anyway
2) how do I install software not covered by the apt-get utility? I can't seem to figure it out. If you can link me to a useful resource or site which explains these things very simply and clearly it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rubi
Similar Threads
-
By bm-w in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2006, 03:52 AM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By pacho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By LinuxBiker in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 01:17 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99