-
Downloaded bootable knoppix, need to run recoverjpeg...n00b!
Hi all..
Ok, I just reformatted my friends pc and reinstalled win ME...yeah yeah I know I know but thats what he wanted. Anyway, this was the 2nd time in 2 days and I forgot to backup over 2 gigs worth of jpegs 2nd time round!
Have been advised to run bootable knoppix and then run recoverjpeg. Have recoverjpeg also downloaded....how do I run it from OS? and, is it already installed within the latest knoppix and if so how do I run it....
Help pretty please!!!!
TIA. 
OK, Update...
Can run Knoppix from cd ( So cool and fast! better than the everyday OS....) managed to connect to the net via the LAN, again, one click setup...easy.
Downloaded the recoverjpeg files onto the Knoppix desktop. This is where Im stuck. Not sure how to get the thing to run or what command I need to type in to make it run.
Got so used to all this point and click stuff....need to learn more about real commands!
So, Any of you able to save my bacon and give me a step by step to try to recover some of these photos? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By ashleyquick in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
-
By TEEH in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
-
By johnrn in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By ebucemag in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By ikoni in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98