-
Junior Member
registered user
Big Time Trouble Booting to the Live CD...
I got the Knoppix DVD about 2 weeks ago. I got it to work occasionally when I rebooted my computer. I checked my Bios, made sure that I was booting from CD and DVD first, I even held down the tab button so the boot menu would come up and select boot from CD. So I gave up on the DVD, thinking their was an unknown error on it and downloaded a version of Knoppix to burn on CD. I had the same problem with the CD, I even opened up the CD drives before restarting my computer and held down the save disk because someone said that might work. I love animals, but I think penguins hate me. My computer is a Gateway 500s, I have 512 MB of RAM, system is Microsoft XP Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2 it is an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80 GHz 1.79 GHz My floppy drive hasn't worked in some time, I think one of the kids might have put peanut butter in it once. I also ran a test on the CD and DVD (knoppix^testdvd) and I also ran the Memtest86+ V1.65, it all came back ok. I thought their might have been a problem with my computer, so I reformatted my computer to try to get it back to factory specs. I got the CD to work once after I did this. That was 4 days ago I got the DVD to work last night when i did a hard reboot that dont work half the time. I know some of this information might be useless, like the floppy drive, but I figured it might have been something simple that I am overlooking and someone might read this and say," Hey, there is his problem." Linux appears to be to advanced of a operating system. I am used to the ease of XP, I wish it was something simple to get the program to work, because on the rare occasion it did work I enjoyed it, I tell You What
Similar Threads
-
By Quadrelli in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
-
By GottaBuild in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
-
By wgh in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-04-2006, 03:40 AM
-
By RosH in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2006, 02:06 PM
-
By cj_b in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99