-
sventrn,
I feel that I have a very similar problem to yours. I have a 1GB flashdrive with Knoppix installed on it. By "Installed" I mean that I can run: Knoppix fromhd=/dev/sda1. I have been tinkering on the subject for quite awhile. My goal is to be able to walk up to any computer that's BIOS supports USB booting and boot into knoppix through the flashdrive exclusively. At this point I have to use the Knoppix CD to boot and then type "Knoppix fromhd=/dev/sda1". Were you able to resolve your problem? Does anyone else have some links or ideas about how to make the USB drive bootable? "Bootable" might not be the right word. I have tried to use GRUB and LILO but don't understand how to use them. I'm not Knoppix fluent, but I know Windows pretty well. Is it possible to install Grub onto the /boot directory on the USB drive from Windows? Does GRUB really work in that syntax? ANY clues would be helpful. I want to avoid using anything else but the flashdrive at all costs. (But then again, I'm desperate!)
Troubleshooting Info:
USB is formatted to FAT
Windows XP already installed on harddrive
Similar Threads
-
By kidsatacrux in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:57 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By gosain_sanjay in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By jpmierau in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 09:25 AM
-
By robbika in forum Ideas
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00