Hi,
You can only not change the size if you are editing the binary iso file ( e.g. using knoppix-customize program ).
If you are unzipping, etc and remaking the iso file ( as in the remastering howto ), it is fine.
While customization Knoppix and preparing iso (version 3.2 dated April) I have modified file linuxrc from boot.img (I have changed string 'KNOPPIX' and 'Accessing CD..' for something different). I heard that this file must not change the size and the new string can not be longer than first one.
My string is different - instead of 'KNOPPIX' longer and instead of
'Accessing ..' shorter. Now system is starting correctly but these strings
in linuxrc can really have different size? How I can estimate in which
situations these strings can cause inappropriate work? I have checked
it on 3 computers and it is OK but I would like to be sure.
- Thank you for any hints.
Hi,
You can only not change the size if you are editing the binary iso file ( e.g. using knoppix-customize program ).
If you are unzipping, etc and remaking the iso file ( as in the remastering howto ), it is fine.

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19