Hi,
You can only not change the size if you are editing the binary iso file ( e.g. using knoppix-customize program ).
If you are unzipping, etc and remaking the iso file ( as in the remastering howto ), it is fine.
While customization Knoppix and preparing iso (version 3.2 dated April) I have modified file linuxrc from boot.img (I have changed string 'KNOPPIX' and 'Accessing CD..' for something different). I heard that this file must not change the size and the new string can not be longer than first one.
My string is different - instead of 'KNOPPIX' longer and instead of
'Accessing ..' shorter. Now system is starting correctly but these strings
in linuxrc can really have different size? How I can estimate in which
situations these strings can cause inappropriate work? I have checked
it on 3 computers and it is OK but I would like to be sure.
- Thank you for any hints.
Hi,
You can only not change the size if you are editing the binary iso file ( e.g. using knoppix-customize program ).
If you are unzipping, etc and remaking the iso file ( as in the remastering howto ), it is fine.

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$34.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99