-
Boot stalls at X Window load
When I boot, I go through the entire routine, my partitions work, I have sufficient ram, all of my hardware is detected and config'ed, and when I get to the "Starting the X Window System" message, my monitor goes to sleep, and the whole system locks up. The CD ROM device appears to keep running, but I can not get anything to appear on the screen. I have tried several different mirrors for download, and md5 checksum ties. I am running an HP Pavillion w/ a 900 MHz Celeron Processor, 256M of RAM, and I have a KDS 14" monitor. I saw one bug listed for this (#17), but saw no workaround or recommendation. I need Knoppix for an online class I am taking, but have gotten no help on that end. Can someone give any insight?
Similar Threads
-
By drdjnicholls in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By chrsjav in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:59 AM
-
By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00