-
Internet Connection Problem After Hard Disk Install
I am using a DSL Aztech Modem. I have finally install Kanotix on my hard drive using VMWare. I am a
Linux newbie.
Before I do a permanent installation on my hard drive, when I was running the LiveCD, I am able to
connect to the Internet using Kanotix. However, after installing, I am unable to connect to the
Internet.
When I restart the Kanotix system, during boot up, I saw these ...
mount: unknown file system type 'devfs'
sda: asking for cache data failed
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
unmount: devfs: not mounted
ppp_on_boot is deprecated. Please configure your system to use
the standard etc/share/doc/ppp/readme.debian.gz
My question is ... how do I access the etc/share/doc/ppp/readme.debian.gz ??? How do I fix the PPP
problem so that I can access the Internet? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By cretin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2009, 05:28 AM
-
By LrdDragoon in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-30-2008, 02:25 AM
-
By quincannon in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-20-2007, 12:58 AM
-
By Manstein in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 06:54 AM
-
By farkas_imre in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00