Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: knoppix-terminalserver wrong!

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8
    Any further word on if there is a solution to get Knoppix-terminal working after doing knxhd-install? I'm going to try the work-around listed above, but I was wondering if anybody has made any headway into getting it to work properly.


    Thanks!

    -Devlyn

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix 3.6. Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz

    The work around mentioned above works well with Knoppix 3.4. However, when I try to do the same thing with Knoppix 3.6, I get this error:

    "Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz" at boot:

    Does anyone know what is wrong?

    Thanks.

  3. #33

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1
    Sorry to revive this topic, but I need some help on this..

    Have a diskless cluster going. Running ClusterKnoppix and openmosixview....

    Here's what I've done so far.

    Master node has the HD install of clusterknoppix and I've run knoppix-terminalserver. I copied the the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX to /cdrom/

    so it has /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Now, when I turn on the slave nodes on, they get to booting but then I get the:

    "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry."

    error..

    Sorry, I'm not exactly..... experienced.... in Linux. So any help is GREATLY appreciated.

    EDIT: all motherboards are the exact same.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Option to enable root on knoppix-terminalserver
    By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
  2. What is wrong with my Knoppix?
    By felixious in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
  3. something is wrong with my knoppix.sh
    By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. TerminalServer Client with uncompressed KNOPPIX image
    By Levi37 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
  5. Knoppix-terminalserver w/ sshd on the clients
    By ml1979 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$1029.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1000.00



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95