-
hello again guys/gals,
nice to see that topology working for you uteck, and that Wim has taken a look at this. and kudos to Omak! now I feel confident to persuade my supervisor to buy the hardware
. Short question about swappig - do your nodes swap in a virtual RAM swap or do they access the harddrive of the server to swap?
I have a million questions about the ClusterKnoppix-OpenMosix cluster, but I am afraid that they are a bit too off-topic to be accepted here. Maybe I should migrate to another forum somewhere? But you all seem very nice and helpful, so I will give it a shot.
When booting the nodes off the LAN in CK, is "cluster performance" (in this case; program loading and thread migration) limited by network, harddrive, memory or processor speed? I guess any of these could be bottlenecks, but, for instance, is a 100MBit network sufficient for say 10 2GHz nodes with 333MHz memory interface? Can this question even be asked? 
I have not yet tried CK myself, but is the SSH-serverscript found in Knoppix still around in CK?
Have a nice midsummer's eve! (Pseudo-kinky viking holiday in Sweden)
Similar Threads
-
By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By felixious in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By Levi37 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By ml1979 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX Socket AM4 AMD DDR4 Gaming Motherboard
$69.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45