The work around mentioned above works well with Knoppix 3.4. However, when I try to do the same thing with Knoppix 3.6, I get this error:
"Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz" at boot:
Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks.
Any further word on if there is a solution to get Knoppix-terminal working after doing knxhd-install? I'm going to try the work-around listed above, but I was wondering if anybody has made any headway into getting it to work properly.
Thanks!
-Devlyn
The work around mentioned above works well with Knoppix 3.4. However, when I try to do the same thing with Knoppix 3.6, I get this error:
"Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz" at boot:
Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks.
Sorry to revive this topic, but I need some help on this..
Have a diskless cluster going. Running ClusterKnoppix and openmosixview....
Here's what I've done so far.
Master node has the HD install of clusterknoppix and I've run knoppix-terminalserver. I copied the the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX to /cdrom/
so it has /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
Now, when I turn on the slave nodes on, they get to booting but then I get the:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry."
error..
Sorry, I'm not exactly..... experienced.... in Linux. So any help is GREATLY appreciated.
EDIT: all motherboards are the exact same.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00