The work around mentioned above works well with Knoppix 3.4. However, when I try to do the same thing with Knoppix 3.6, I get this error:
"Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz" at boot:
Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks.
Any further word on if there is a solution to get Knoppix-terminal working after doing knxhd-install? I'm going to try the work-around listed above, but I was wondering if anybody has made any headway into getting it to work properly.
Thanks!
-Devlyn
The work around mentioned above works well with Knoppix 3.4. However, when I try to do the same thing with Knoppix 3.6, I get this error:
"Could not find ramdisk image: miniroot.gz" at boot:
Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks.
Sorry to revive this topic, but I need some help on this..
Have a diskless cluster going. Running ClusterKnoppix and openmosixview....
Here's what I've done so far.
Master node has the HD install of clusterknoppix and I've run knoppix-terminalserver. I copied the the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX to /cdrom/
so it has /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
Now, when I turn on the slave nodes on, they get to booting but then I get the:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry."
error..
Sorry, I'm not exactly..... experienced.... in Linux. So any help is GREATLY appreciated.
EDIT: all motherboards are the exact same.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99